Danny Earls was named the USL 1st Division Player of the Week for Week 15 thanks to his goal on Friday night versus Montreal.
Joining Earls on the Team of the Week is fellow Rhinos Luke Kreamalmayer (game winning goal in Montreal on Sunday) and two former Rhinos in Charles Gbeke and Frankie Sanfilippo.
Earls has three assists to go with the one goal so far this season and Kreamalmayer is now tied with Mauricio Salles for second in team scoring with 10 points on 3 goals and 4 assists.
News & Notes:
- SportsClubStats.com has some really cool charts and graphs for the math geeks out there.
I wonder how Seattle is treending better than the Rhinos.......
- MLSNet.com and the Houston Chronicle have the breakdown of Houston's 2-0 win over Pachuca last night in the SuperLiga semifinals. Bobby Boswell scored the game winner, Corey Ashe got the insurance tally, and pat Onstad had some big stops to put the Dynamo through to face the winner of tonight's second semifinal between New England and Atlante.
- Unprofessional Foul has a great interview with SI.com's Greg Lalas.
- Messi is on the roster that Barcelona is giving out for Sunday's friendly in Chicago......
- SBI.net says that Pat Noonan has agreed to a deal with MLS and that he could be headed to New England, Columbus, or San Jose. SBI.net is also pondering whether the Revs should sell Taylor Twellman. If $3.5million isn't enough for Kenny Cooper,then I don't see how New England could take $3 million for Twellman.
- The US Men's Olympic team played the Ivory Coast to a scoreless draw today in a pre-Olympic tune up match.
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.