April 8, 2009
Jonny Steele said that they were going to play like the score was 0-0.
When I turned the game on last night about 15 minutes in, Puerto Rico was playing a bunker with 5 defenders.
That doesn't sound like a team that is playing like they need to win to advance.
It's too bad, but I would have liked to have seen them play like it was truly 0-0 going into last night's leg.
News & Notes:
- Devo has his USL 1st Division preview up at ESPN.com.
- Whitecaps FC.com also has a league preview up.
- Scott Palguta and the Colorado Rapids advanced past LA in US Open Cup qualifying. LA took the game so seriously that Landon Donovan didn't play.
- Speaking of bad news with regards to stadiums, Bloomberg, the Portland Tribune , and The Oregonian all have Portland stadium articles.I really wonder how solid both the Philly and Portland to MLS plans really are?
- Ottawa's plans for a soccer stadium tooka knock as well.
- Goal.com also has a piece on how hard it is to get a soccer stadium built today.
- The Bruce is denying the Christian Vieri to LA rumors.
- I like the new look of the USL website.
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.