The USL Hall of Famer hasn't played pro soccer since 2006 and hasn't played professional indoor soccer since the 2000-01 season, but Doug and the organization expect that he can pick up where he left off with the Buffalo Blizzard.
If Doug can turn back the clock and lead the Lancers to the promised land, he will add another team to the list for which he has been "The Franchise".
News & Notes:
- Six members of the WNY Flash were named to the WPS Best XI.
- If you wondered what Jeff Kassouf had for the WPS Best XI, here you go.
- The Missouri Comets are bringing back two key players in MISL MVP Byron Alvarez and All-MISL 1st teamer Leo Gibson.
- Philly backup GK Val Henderson didn't have time to lament their title game loss to the WNY Flash.
- Philly came back from down big to get a draw versus the NE Revolution last night.
- Brand new LiveStrong Sporting Park is having issues with it's beat up grass playing surface.
- Soccer America looks at issues with US player development after the loss to Belgium.
- Stuart Holden's return took another step forward in another reserve match for Bolton.
- The Shin Guardian looks at the Jose Torres Vortex.
- The USA 10 Kit has four things they learned from the US friendlies.
- Goal.com looks at Shea & Donovan under Klinsmann.
- Sideline Views looks at the Klinsmann era three friendlies in.
- No Short Corners looks at Jozy Altidore's lack of match fitness.
- The Free Beer Movement asks "Why American Soccer?".
- Taylor Twellman thinks he knows how to fix the USMNT offense under Klinsmann.
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.