The Rhinos are in Antigua trying to get to .500 and the Flash host Sky Blue FC in a bid to remaining unbeaten on the season.
The two teams are in different spots, but they both want 3 points badly.
The Flash want to keep the momentum going and end on a high note before their non-US internationals leave for the World Cup camps for their various nations.
The Rhinos want to try and right the ship after taking home only 1 point in two games last weekend.
News & Notes:
- The Flash have fired their GM. But, they aren't saying why. Let the rumor mill go wild.
- Check out McCall Zerboni's story of what Marta's reaction was to getting booed in Philadelphia last Sunday.
- The Rhinos have drawn a USASA club from outside Philadephia in the 1st round of the 2011 Lamar Hunt US Open Cup tournament.
- Here is the All White Kit's WPS Week 9 preview.
- SBI.net has a profile on Clint Dempsey.
- Landon Donovan, Tim Ream, and Juan Agudelo talk Gold Cup.
- Former Rhinos D Ross Smith is doing color commentary on the Portland Timbers radio broadcasts this season.
- Steven Goff has USMNT vs Spain notes.
- Nike is going to hook up members of the American Outlaws that are going to be at the match versus Spain tomorrow.
- Benny Feilhaber has picked up an ankle injury and is doubt for the Gold Cup.
- Steve Davis writes about writing a USMNT v Spain preview for SI.com.
- The USWNT getting work done.
- Kelley O'Hara was chosen as the player to replace Lindsay Tarpley for the USWNT on the World Cup roster.
- Abby Wambach turned 31 this week.
- The USL blog talks to former Rhinos F and current Richmond Kicker Matthew Delicate.
- The ratings for the Barca-Man United Champions League Final are in and they are up over last year.
- The Free Beer Movement looks at watching that match from an English bar.
- MLS Talk has an interesting interview with Cobi Jones.
- The Free Beer Movement had a match day in Minnesota with their supporters.
- I guess magicJack doesn't think there will be a 2012 season for the club (or maybe the league) since they traded away their last remaining 2012 draft pick this week.
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.