Nothing more needs to be said for now...............
The reaction to the Beckham news.....
Since the extension of the Beckham loan for an AC Milan-LA Galaxy friendly deal is complete, here are some of the best reactions:
I have found one person who is really happy about this.....
2009 MLS Salary information unveiled
It has come earlier than in the past as MLS has unveiled the list of player salaries for this season.
Here are some salaries that Rhino fans might be interested in:
Pat Onstad: $181,650
Dema Kovalenko: $137,618.75
Macoumba Kandji: $90,988.37
Carlos Mendes: $88,125
John Wolyniec: $80,000
And this last one made me laugh: Greg Sutton: $165,062.50
The latest scuttblebutt on MLS expansion:
- Could the Ottawa bid be more alive than most people think?
- The He said/She said continues in Portland....
- The $40 million gamble? That doesn't sound too good to me.......
- A Crew blog breaks down the Final Four.
- Canadian media continues to punch Vancouver's ticket.
- The 3rd Degree in Dallas is in on it, too!
- There is a piece about how a lot of work has to be done before MLS returns to Miami. Is it me, or has that ship passed?
News & Notes:
- The Miami Herald had a piece yesterday about how fans need to step up or Miami FC is gone.
- Somebody cares about the USL.
- Speaking of the USL, Luis Bueno has a really good article at SI.com about the USL doing well in the CCL.
- When you worry about how many people go to Rhinos games in 2009, you might want to keep this in mind.
- This news makes me go hmmmmmmmmm. Loan him to Rochester!
- At least Eddie Johnson scored a goal over the weekend.
- Austin played the Dynamo to a draw. That's a step up....
- I wonder if Kyle Veris was a guy that the Rhinos passed on before he signed with the Islanders.
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them