May 11, 2010
Yesterday was the day for people all over the internet to predict what Bob Bradley would do today in announcing his 30 man preliminary roster for the World Cup. SI.com had a panel predict the final 23 man roster.
Today was about Bob Bradley unveiling his choices.
While hot names like Edson Buddle and Herculez Gomez were included, Charlie Davies was not.
It will be interesting to see what the reaction is to the decision. Personally, I think that Bob Bradley made the tough, but correct call for the squad in general.
I think every US fan was pulling for Charlie to make it back. But, it wasn't to be.
Hopefully he makes the 2014 squad.
News & Notes:
- Chris Economides shows some love to Soccer Sam.
- Matthew Delicate has taken up a permanent residence in the USL-2 Team of the Week . John Wilson is another ex-Rhino on this week's team.
- Steve Davis has some concerns about the bottom end of attendance in MLS.
- Unprofessional Foul ventures into the mind of Bob Bradley.
- Landon Donovan is interviewed for FIFA.com and he's excited about the US's chances at the World Cup.
- Brazil has announced it's 23 man roster for the World Cup and Ronaldinho is not on it.
- The Discovery Channel looks at the perfect PK.
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.