May 20, 2010
Randi "The Rhino Killer" Patterson came off the bench last night for Crystal Palace Baltimore and gave the visitors a 1-0 win.
For the Rhinos, Max Ferdinand and Isaac Kissi made their debuts and Scott Vallow was given a bit of a wake up call as Neal Kitson was given the start in goal.
About the best thing that can be said about last night's loss is that they don't have to sit on it for 10 days as they travel to Vancouver for a Saturday night match versus the Whitecaps.
After a 1-1-1 homestand, it will be interesting to see how this team looks on Saturday. Vancouver is 2-0-2 at home in league play this season. But, Vancouver has yet to allow a visiting team to get on the scoresheet.
So, if the Rhinos can get the offense going against the Whitecaps, that should be a very good sign moving forward.
News & Notes:
- Devo's Rhinoscast #2 with Pat Ercoli is up.
- The Rhinos will have a viewing party for Saturday night's game in Vancouver at Matthew's East End Grill.
- AC St Louis is reportedly in big financial trouble , along with the St Louis Athletica of the WPS. Although, Phoenix & San Antonio may be joining the NASL in 2012. The question now appears to be whether the NASL will be around in 2012.
- Portland lost again at home last night. This time it was 1-0 to Montreal.
- Austin and Tampa Bay had a shootout with a 3-3 draw last evening.
- Vancouver played Toronto FC to a scoreless draw last night.
- Puerto Rico will take on the LA Galaxy with a spot in the CCL main draw on the line.
- SBI.net's USSF D-2 Pro League power rankings have the Rhinos ranked 3rd.
- Yet another one of these Captain Obvious takes about club selection being key for Yanks Abroad.
- Ives Galarcep takes a look at Michael Bradley over at Fox Sports.com.
- SI will have it's first soccer cover since Beckham landed in LA.
- I had to laugh at some of the 15 players that Complex wants MLS to add. Although, I'd love to see Ronaldinho come to MLS.
- I love the caption on the Abby Wambach picture.
- Here is a cool video of Jozy Altidore in England.
- Nike Soccer have the coolest ads!
- Peter Wilt talks about sports results on people's psyches.
- I don't know whether to crack on Robert Pires or laugh at his reason for not signing with the Philadelphia Union.
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.