March 26, 2010
Since I was a slacker yesterday, today is going to be chock full of links:
- The official match ball of the USSF 2nd Division has been unveiled on-line.
- Rhinos Soccer.com has little Q&As with Darren Spicer and Anthony Hamilton up.
- It looks like Vincenzo Bernardo is headed to a trial with an MLS club next week.
- Another former Rhino is in at #3 on the USL-1 Top 25 of the Decade: Eduardo Sebrango.
- The new internet home of MLS launched yesterday. WV Hooligan and Pitch Invasion have some first impressions. I think the new site has potential. For instance, I like the talent that they have put together to provide content (like TIAS.com's Adam Spangler who will be covering US Soccer for the site). But, the launch has been bumpy so far.
- Some of the players for DC, LA, and Chicago may have a technical edge over their MLS opponents this season.
- DC & NY have both signed some academy players. It will be interesting to see how much the new CBA encourages teams to do this moving forward.
- Don Garber is ticked at the politicos in DC over the lack of movement on getting a new stadium built and here is DC's Kevin Payne's response to Don's comment.
- The NY Times and Vanity Fair both have nice reviews of spanking new Red Bull Arena.
- The Delco Times have an update on Philly's new digs.
- The Houston Chronicle has an update on the quest for a new home for the Dynamo.
- I can understand Montreal being in the mix for MLS expansion. But Atlanta? Really?
- [UPDATE] Looks like Montreal to MLS is pretty much a done deal now.
- Inside Minnesota Soccer has an interview with Johnny Menyongar.
- Miami FC has signed former MLS MVP Christian Gomez. They also unveiled their 2010 uniforms.
- MLS Talk has a master list of MLS season previews.
- Steve Davis has his top 10 storylines of the MLS season.
- SI.com has a bunch of their MLS people pick things like the MLS champ, MVP, etc.
- Kasey Keller did a MLS preview Q&A at US Soccer.com.
- In case you missed it, Seattle defeated Philadelphia in the MLS First Kick 2010 last night on ESPN2.
- Don Garber talked to the media at halftime last night.
- Here is a bigger wrap up of Don Garber's comments throughout the week, including where MLS Cup 2010 will end up and the latest on Montreal to MLS.
- So what is the cooler rumor? Jay Z to buy into Arsenal or Thierry Henry being close to signing with Red Bull NY?
- The Free Beer Movement has the coolest 23 Tickets post yet!
- This post is from last month, but I just noticed the picture and where it was taken.
- Yahoo!'s Dirty Tackle blog has a sweet post about Charlie Davies, Steven Goff looks at Charlie's chances of making the World Cup roster, and Sochaux has some pictures up from the training that Charlie did this week.
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.