November 30, 2007
Rhinos minority owner Chris Wilmot has left the organization and is less than thrilled with the experience of working with the organization.
Wilmot seems to be taking a slightly different route to express his displeasure than Amerks minority owner Randall Latona. However, this does not seem to be a good sign at a time when Rhinos CEO Steve Donner is engaged in defending himself from all sorts of angles.
One has to wonder how this news ties in to the numerous delays to release of the additional $4 million to improve PAETEC Park. Are the powers that be within the City of Rochester that control the release of those funds going to ask more questions and further delay the funds that Donner had hoped with be released by the end of 2007?
Will this latest news cause the potential investor in the Rhinos to reconsider doing business with Steve Donner?
Hopefully this is just another minor bump in the road, but you can never really tell..............
News & Notes:
- The USL 2nd Division is losing New Hamsphire and Cincinnatti to the PDL in 2008 with the Pittsburgh Riverhounds and Real Maryland joining the league to keep it at 10 teams for next season.
- Mo Johnston is keeping his cards close to his chest with regards to what he wants to do to make sure Toronto FC's second season is a lot better than their first.
- Ian Russell has been named as an assistant coach with the San Jose Earthquakes. Russell was a part of the 2001 and 2003 San Jose teams that claimed the MLS Cup.
- There are reports that San Jose is also trying to lure Ramiro Corrales , Danny Califf , and Kamani Hill back across the pond. That would be three pretty solid gets by Frank Yallop if he is able to pull it off.
- Glenn Davis continues to use his space in the Houston Chronicle to push why the Houston Dynamo are so great and build the case that they need their own stadium.
Tomorrow's Kick This!
NJ Ironmen goalkeeper Tony Meola and USWNY forward Abby Wambach are scheduled to appear on tomorrow's show that starts at 11:05am on Hot Talk 1280 AM.
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.