- Start plastering this flyer for tomorrow's game allover the place!
- Devo has an article up at ESPN.com with a USL 1st Division Playoff Preview.
- Jeff also has a piece in today's D&C about Ross Smith and how he is getting into the Guinness Book of World Records. I wonder if he'll get any volunteers for next year's shot at the record?
- It's interesting to see someone point the finger for poor attendance at USMNT and USWNT matches recently at Toyota Park at US Soccer. When an event like that draws poor numbers in Rochester, people tended to blame the Rhinos......
- MLS seems to be followign the old thinking of "If you can't beat 'em, buy 'em!"
- It will be interesting to see if John Carver does lose his job with Toronto FC after making this statement? And I wonder if that will take the heat off of Mo Johnston for now?
- Real Salt Lake had it's first practice at their new digs.
- The WPS had their initial International Draft yesterday which gave exclusive WPS rights to the big name foreign players to the various teams. Abby Wambach's Washington Freedom were wheeling and dealing as they traded down in the international draft and traded up in the first round of the October draft.
- If you are a web developer and soccer head, you may want to send your resume DC United's way.
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to email@example.com. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.