August 18, 2009
Between the Fox Soccer Channel and Fox Sports Net, the Fox family has both the UEFA & CONCACAF Champions Leagues covered.
Not only can you see Arsenal-Celtic in UEFA Champions League action, you can also see Columbus-Puerto Rico and DC United-Marathon in CONCACAF Champions League action.
The Houston Dynamo-Metapan game is also tape delayed tomorrow as the St Louis-FC Sky Blue WPS Semifinal is live at 7pm tomorrow night.
That is a whole lot of good soccer on FSC over the next two days.
News & Notes:
- Scott Vallow is about to be inducted into the Bowling Green State University Athletics Hall of Fame. Love the picture, by the way.
- Bill Simmons, aka ESPN's The Sports Guy , took in the US-Mexico game at Azteca and he has a really cool write up on the experience.
- Greg Lalas wonders if Landon Donovan shouldn't jump to Europe, but rather ply his trade south of the border. If he plays for Club America, he should get used to Azteca's climate quickly. Although, would he still be playing there in 4 years?
- I love this crack on the "ignorant discourse" about MLS kicking the tires on buying the USL.
- There is also more talk about Ottawa joining the USL.
- Vancouver is playing in Carolina tonight.
- US Soccer Players.com talks to the Technical Directors in MLS, including Webster native Brian Bliss of the Crew.
- It looks like the talks for Freddy Adu to move to Denmark on loan are off as Odense and Benfica disagreed on how much of Adu's salary each club should pay.
- Arsenal looks to be adding a 15 yo American.
- Jesus Padilla has been sent down to Chivas USA.
- SBI.net is the latest to call for the Red Bulls to clean house. Seriously, what are they waiting for?
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.