August 1, 2011
The Rhinos bagged 4 pts, the Flash came back from 1-0 down to bag 4 goals and 3 points, and Jurgen Klinsmann was introduced today as the new USMNT coach. Other than that, not too much is going on.....
Klinsmann introduction and first impressions on the hire
- ESPN's Press Pass looks at the hire.
- The USA 10 Kit wonders what tactical changes Klinsmann will make.
- The Shin Guardian thinks the Klinsmann hire is style over substance.
- Raphael Honigstein at SI.com thinks that Klinsmann is better suited to being a National Team coach than a club coach.
- Steve Davis at DailySoccerFix has lots of juicy Klinsmann links.
- Alejandro Bedoya told Goal.com that he and the rest of the team was surprised that Bradley was let go.
- Clint Dempsey told Goal.com a lot of the same things.
- The Run of Play has a good look at Klinsmann and what he's done previously.
- The Soccer Insider talks about how Robbie Rogers played with Klinsmann in the PDL.
- I have to link to the Fake Sigi Blog post on Klinsmann getting hired.
- MLS Talk looks at the rise and fall of Bob Bradley.
WPS & other women's soccer from over the weekend
- Jenna Pel had a nice bunch of links ahead of the weekend at All White Kit.
- Jeff Kassouf broke down the race to the playoffs before this weekend. And most of the stuff stands given what happened.
- Jenna Pel takes a look at the W-League and WPSL playoff finals and the WPS action from the weekend.
- Equalizer Soccer has audio after magicJack blew out Boston 4-0.
- Jeff Kassouf looks at the Philly & WNY race for first place and the right to host the title game.
- Hope Solo at the Brickyard 400. Hmmmmmmmmmmm.
- With magicJack adding a GK, it's looking more and more like Hope Solo's season is done.
- Alex Morgan scoring on former Redskin Charles Mann in the Mia Hamm charity game on Sunday.
- Beau Dure looks at mixing pros and amateurs.
- Fake Sigi has a post on a newbie's first WPS game.
- Jenna Pel has another weekend wrap up.
News & Notes:
- Devo plays catch up from his weekend off.
- The USMNT has some more info on their path to the 2014 World Cup and Jamaica is on the schedule.
- Tim Howard could return to MLS one day.
- Over 80,000 fans went to FedExField to see Manchester United play Barcelona. But, soccer hasn't "made it" in the US......
- Former Carolina RailHawks captain Brad Rusin scored a goal for his new club.
- The NY Cosmos could play in a temporary home early on in MLS.......
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.