For an organization that is trying to recapture the popularity that they enjoyed a decade ago, having their 3rd head coach in four seasons is less than ideal. One way to reduce the potential for vast player turnover from 2011 to 2012 would be to promote Bill Sedgewick from assistant coach to head coach.
Bill has told the Rhinos he is interested in the job. But, the team wants to see what their options are moving forward.
If the Rhinos opt to go in another direction, it will be interesting to see if they go with one of Sedgewick's former Rhinos teammates. There is one former Rhino that has retired from playing and is a goalkeeper coach with DC United that might help create a buzz this offseason.......
News & Notes:
- WNY Flash D Whitney Engen is blogging for All White Kit about her European adventure playing in Sweden during the WPS off season.
- WNY Flash F Alex Morgan threw out the first pitch at the KC Royals game last night as the USWNT is promoting ahead of the US-Canada game in KC.
- Wondering what secret training plan makes Hope Solo and Alex Morgan so good?
- Sporting KC's CJ Sapong professes his love for Hope Solo when she stopped by SKC training.
- Equalizer Soccer looks at why Tony DiCicco stepped down as the head coach of the Boston Breakers.
- Bob Bradley is the new head coach for Egypt.
- The NASL's San Antonio Scorpions have signed Tim Hankinson as their first head coach ahead of their 2012 expansion season.
- The Seattle Sounders are doing some cool stuff for season ticket holders that renew for 2012.
- NE Rev Ryan Cochrane thinks that Portland is the best US soccer market.
- Soccer America looks at the Bargains & Busts in MLS now that the salary list has been revealed.
- Jozy Altidore with a golazo for AZ Alkmaar yesterday.
- Beau Dure wonders if soccer as an after school care option is a financial goldmine waiting to be tapped.
- No Short Corners looks at how awesome the new Houston Dynamo stadium will be.
- USMNT fans are sweating it out with Timmy Chandler perhaps getting wooed by Germany.
- Jurgen Klinsmann is doing a lot of scouting ahead of next round of USMNT friendlies.
- Fake Sigi looks at the news of MLS selling a portion of SUM.
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to email@example.com. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.