So, Blanco's temper tantrum during Chicago's US Open Cup loss to DC United has resulted in Blanco being suspended from Open Cup play for two years, at least according to Steven Goff.
This is the blow up that the Blanco haters had been hoping for.
Personally, I hope this ramps up the Chicago-DC rivalry as the season winds down and the MLS playoffs loom.
New England advances to the SuperLiga final
14 entries in the Misconduct Summary including 6 ejections
Apparently Atlante didn't take the 1-0 loss to New England in the Super Liga Semifinal too well.
The Revs will host the Dynamo on Tuesday night for all the Super Liga marbles.
News & Notes:
- DC has picked up Ivan Guerrero from San Jose.
- Montreal has signed former Virginia Beach Mariner Felix Brillant and announced the league matches affected by the CONCACAF Champions League. The Rhinos will now play their thrid and final regular season game versus Montreal on Wednesday August 13th instead of September 3rd.
- Steve Pastorino gets a sneak peak at Real Salt Lake's new digs.
- TIAS.com has a cool Olympic article. Although, I didn't really know what to think of this article and this article that follows it up with regards to the imapact of removing Abby from the USWNT mix.
- Grant Wahl has a piece on what he's looking forward to seeing from the USWNT.
- Barca is being told by FIFA that they need to release Messi for the Olympics.
- Which leads into this article about the Argentine's being the tournament favorites.
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to email@example.com. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.