Rhinos vs Harrisburg City Islanders in the USL PRO National Division Final
The Rhinos face the Harrisburg City Islanders tonight. So far this season, the Rhinos have taken 2 of the 3 matches between the clubs and all three have ended with a 1-0 scoreline.
So, should fans expect a low scoring, tightly contested match tonight? Or, will the fact that there were 9 goals scored in the two playoff matches that the two teams played last weekend be a precursor to a high scoring match?
I just hope that both teams come to play and we don't see a tenative match where one, or both, teams don't want to push forward and potentially expose themselves defensively.
And after getting four goals last weekend versus Pittsburgh, the Rhinos should have plenty of confidence going forward.
Flash vs Philadelphia in the WPS Title Game
We are one day away from the WPS Championship Game at Sahlen's Stadium between the WNY Flash and the Philadelphia Independence.
Honestly, I can't wait to see what happens. I want the Flash to win, but I honestly have no idea how things will go given Philly's success versus the Flash this season and how well they played last Saturday in getting past magicJack.
Klinsmann unveils his second USMNT roster ahead of Costa Rica and Belgium friendlies
I'm not sure if Bradley, Jones, and Clark being left off the roster or Johnson being brought in is more interesting.
If the USMNT can lock in Johnson and he works out well, that will obviously be a huge feather in Klinsmann's cap.
News & Notes:
- There is a report that Chicago will be playing in the MISL in 2011-12 bringing the number of teams to 8.
- Devo has the Abby Wambach open letter from today's D&C. That is pretty cool.
- The USL Blog talks to Scott Vallow about this weekend.
- The USA 10 Kit thinks the USMNT glass might be half full.
- KCKRS thinks that US fans might want to ignore Lahm's critique of Klinsmann.
- Hurricane Irene has now caused MLS to postpone three East Coast matches that were to take place this weekend.
- Jozy Altidore is having a strong start to his club season.
- The LA Galaxy like Hurricane Irene!
- WVHooligan looks at how MLS spending is on the rise.
- After MLS went to NBC, Fox Soccer grabs the Europa League.
- The La Liga players strike is over.
- FIFA has banned North Korea from the 2015 Women's World Cup due to players testing positive for PEDs.
- Herculez Gomez hopes to get a look from Jurgen Klinsmann soon.
- Is the ability to watch more soccer on TV in the US than in Europe a sign that soccer has "arrived" here?
- It looks like Sammy Ochoa is headed to Chivas USA after signing with MLS.
- Joe Benny Corona looks to have a Mexico vs US choice to make in the future.
- Soccer America has a great interview with Jimmy Conrad. I can't wait for the day that MLS clubs and their academies remove the pay-to-play barrier for really good low income kids.
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.