And that doesn't even get to one of the most interesting bits of news this week: the NASL will not have teams in the US Open Cup in 2011.
All in all, it was a pretty interesting week.
[Programming Note: we are scheduled to have Grant Wahl, Pat Onstad, and new Rhinos forward Kendall Jagdeosingh on tomorrow's edition of Kick This!]
News & Notes:
- Dema Kovalenko's retirement looks to be official.
- MLS and Fox Soccer Channel have agreed to a one year deal.
- Miami FC are now the Fort Lauderdale Strikers.
- The Freedom appear to be a Washington team in name only now.
- Apparently Beckham has been scouting cities for a potential MLS club he could own. Montreal was the one city that had me scratching my head.
- If you want to follow WNY Flash F Christine Sincalir on Twitter, here you go.
- Portland picked up Sal Zizzo from Chivas USA.
- Chivas USA picked up Heath Pearce from FC Dallas.
- Gabe Ferrari is on trial with the Chicago Fire.
- The Hamilton Avalanche are joining the USL on the men's side.
- And finally, if you haven't seen Wayne Rooney's winner for Manchester United over Manchester City, where have you been?
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.