After having a couple of weeks off for the holidays, I am back.
The USL vs NASL tug of war is into it's second decade now.
And with the seven day US Soccer Federation deadline for the two sides to agree on a comprimise coming within the next couple of days, everyone is kind of just waiting and hoping that this situation is resolved and the conversation can turn to things like player signings.
The latest over the past little bit on this topic is Inside Minnesota Soccer talking to Tony Glavin who owns the USL-1 rights to St Louis.
The Kartik Report has a source that says the St Louis "situation" is not a major barrier to getting things resolved.
If you were wondering about the USL's lawsuit against the Rhinos and Tampa Bay Rowdies and Crystal Palace Baltimore, worry not per Inside Minnesota Soccer.
If things are worked out this week, does that count as mid-January?
News & Notes:
- So who will Freddy Adu be riding the pine with: Eddie Johnson (with Aris FC in Greece) or Jozy Altidore (with Hully City of the EPL)?
- Greg Lalas at SI.com gives a preview of what Eddie Johnson can expect with his new club.
- Part of the reason Jonny Steele signed with Vancouver is that he wants to try and play his way into their 2011 MLS picture.
- Michael Lewis at Big Apple Soccer.com has a post about the search for a speedy forward to replace Charlie Davies. I'm wondering if Charlie might be able to make it back in time for the World Cup?
- Landon Donovan has landed in England. I wonder if he'll be in the 18 for their match versus Arsenal this week?
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.