July 7, 2010
I'm back from the four day weekend. Had to love the Rhinos 2-1 win over Montreal on Saturday night. Thank goodness Constanzo got the insurance goal that turned into the game winner with Montreal getting a goal in stoppage time.
Here are some of the best links out there:
- I gotta love Devo getting to do a Rhinos article on a non-day of or after a game!
- The NASL is Canada dreaming.
- With Charleston getting bounced last night, Harrisburg is the last non-MLS standing in the Open Cup.
- Tonight's Seattle-LA US Open Cup Quarterfinal should be interesting. Seattle is struggling and LA has Donovan and Buddle back. But, the game is a "home" game for Seattle at the Starfire Complex and who knows how serious Bruce Arena will take this match.
- The US Open Cup Champion may not get a CONCACAF Champions League berth.
- This might kill the Ronaldinho to LA rumors.
- If you think that AC St Louis & the St Louis Athletica had issues meeting payroll, check out how big a loan Barca needed to pay their people.
- Here is a cool look at the origins of the jersey swap.
- Bubba likes free beer? No way.....
- The USA 10 Kit wonders if the 4-4-2 is dying off.
- Bob Bradley to Fulham? That would be a shocking move and would allow Bob to get out of Dodge ahead of the posse.
- I hope that Clint Dempsey doesn't land with AC Milan. Clint needs to be on a club where he'll play. I love the guy, but I can't see that happening at AC Milan.
- Steve Davis expects US Soccer to replace Bob Bradley.
- Pitch Invasion also looks at how German soccer transformed itself.
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to email@example.com. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.