August 11, 2009
The Offside Rules - Howard Power
Steve Davis - Open Letter to Mexico Fans
Grant Wahl - Great Moments in US-Mexico Rivalry
MLS Talk - What will we see from Mexico?
The Offside Rules - EA Sports hates the US
WVHooligan - FIFA Soccer 10 predicts the US-Mexico game
This has to be the USMNT's best chance to win in Azteca that they have had in a long time.
Before the Gold Cup win, Mexico has been struggling so far in qualifying.
The US's A-squad had the miracle run to the Confed Cup final.
The US is relatively healthy and they have a mix of players that are in-season and in pre-season.
And even adding all that up, I'll be happy with a point.
News & Notes:
- Bad news on the Marina Auto Stadium front: Rob Clark says that $1 million has to be spent to reinforce the first level of the stadium. They should have spent some of the $20 million that was wasted on plans for Ren Square on improving MAS!
- ESPN.com takes a look at Ty Harden's road back to MLS.
- You have 3 days left to register your youth team for the Soccer in the Sand tournament.
- Link of the Day #1: Pitch Invasion does a pretty cool comparison between the supporters in Seattle and Portland.
- Link of the Day #2: Bruce at du Nord has a cool banner making post up.
- Freddy Adu is about to land in Denmark's 2nd Division? Stick a fork in him if he can't get regular playing time there.
- Miami FC has signed another fading Brazilian legend in Junior Baiano.
- Here is a nice article on Kyle Martino's move to the broadcast booth.
- Landon Donovan speaks out on the MLS CBA issues. He's also going to be on Sports Nation today.
- ESPN's Press Pass has their two cents on Jozy Altidore to Hull City.
- Here are the latest pictures on the progress of Philadelphia Union's home.
- Lindsay Tarpley tore her ACL in her final training session of the 2009 WPS season.
- This is definitely on my bucket list. I think I'll go in 16 to 20 years when my boys are old enough to go as well.
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to email@example.com. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.