It looks like Rob Clark has had another candidate slip off the hook.
Last week Rob hinted that an announcement could be in the works for early this week when he was on Soccer is a Kick in the Grass.
Then I had one person send me a message indicating that a press conference could be held today.
And during our show on Saturday, a listener called up to tell Jeff that he'd see him today at the press conference.
Well, here we are and I have yet to see anything from the Rhinos to suggest that there is a press conference today.
Since we're in "Who would make a good Rhinos coach" mode, here are some takes:
Richie Williams - Yes please. But, I'd expect him to land in DC
Frank Yallop - He'd cost too much. If not, heck yeah!
Peter Vermes - I'd take him or the guy he replaced: Curt Onalfo
Schellas Hyndman - Why not? The last Dallas cast off to land in the USL-1 has done pretty well....
Chris Cummins - I'd probably take a pass because of the resources he was given in Toronto.
Tom Soehn - He would be a very interesting candidate.
Gary Smith - I'd be more interested in Steve Guppy coming back if the Colorado staff gets let go as that is much more likely, IMO.
News & Notes:
- Rob Clark has shot down a rumor that Pat Ercoli was being courted as the next Rhinos head coach.
- It's not a stadium naming rights lottery. This time it's a shirt sponsor lottery.
- The Rhinos should have an Insider contest!
- Every owner in MLS & USL-1 should take this approach to style of play.
- Ty Harden is up for a WVH 2009 MLS Award . But no Pat Onstad in the mix for GK of the Year?
- Houston at Seattle on Thursday night on ESPN2 kicks off the 2009 MLS playoffs.
- Hull City's Phil Brown has his take on the "Dozy" Altidore situation.
- US Soccer.com has a Thank You Fans video up on Youtube.
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to email@example.com. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.