April 1, 2009
Honestly, there wasn't a whole lot here that I didn't know about.
The big things moving forward will be selling the suites once their finished and getting a solid naming rights deal done.
Rob Clark has to have expectations on what those revenue streams will become. If the actual dollars flowing into the team's coffers from those revenue streams are a lot less than planned, then I would start getting concerned about how long Rob Clark will stick around and try and make the Rhinos work.
News & Notes:
- Greg Lalas talks about Frankie Hejduk at SI.com. He is just that Little Engine That Could for my money.
- I hope the US isn't wearing silver jerseys tonight. I never liked the gold ones the USWNT wore.
- The Fox Soccer Channel has pried the Champions League TV rights away from ESPN.
- This ad featuring Ben Olsen and other DC United players is pretty funny. Although it does kind of rip off some old Nike ads.
- Apparently San Antonio is throwing their 10 gallon hat into the MLS expansion race.
- Jeff Parke to Vancouver is official......
- This looks like a really cool soccer documentary.
- It looks like they will be the Vancouver Whitecaps in MLS. That's good news.
- Ade Akinbiyi to Houston is official as well.
- Big Soccer was purchased for $4 million?
-Was he hanging out with Pacman Jones?
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them