January 13, 2009
US WNT forward Natasha Kai will be featured on Thursday's episode of LA Ink on TLC.
So if you want to see Ms. Kai add to her collection of body art, tune in or DVR it.
Here are some other quick hits from around the soccer globe:
- Marta has signed with the LA Sol as expected. And Kick This! has already been contacted by the league with regards to having guests leading up to the WPS opener featuring Marta and one Abby Wambach.
- Marta had a busy week as she and Portugal/ManU star Cristiano Ronaldo were named the FIFA World Players of the Year yesterday.
- Landon Donovan scored for Bayern Munich. Although, I think the headline the translator for Bayern's website needs to brush up on their grammar.
- The Red Bulls are sending Dave van den Bergh to FC Dallas. SBI.net breaks down the deal for NY with the team adding cap space, draft picks, and a speedy forward.
- DC United has re-signed defender Bryan Namoff. It will be interesting to see if that changes how they approach the draft.
- Speaking of the draft, Toronto may be talking with Seattle about acquiring the top pick.
- The USMNT blog has some cool "Inside the Lines" videos from practice.
- US-Mexico tickets will go on sale two weeks from tomorrow.
- Is DeRo telling Toronto to show him the money?
- Ridge Mahoney's latest at SI.com has some really juicy MLS rumors.
- Andrea Canales' latest at SI.com looks at Jose Francisco Torres' decision to play for the US as opposed to Mexico.
- Montreal has re-signed forward Roberto Brown.He was a horse at times for the Impact in 2008.
- Kansas City has re-signed forward Claudio Lopez.
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.