August 5, 2011
Here are a bunch of links as that's what happens when I take a day off on a busy week in soccer news.
- Devo has a blog post and a nice article in today's D&C on Lenin Steenkamp.
- Here is Devo's blog post on the WNY Flash's 2-1 win over Boston on Wednesday night. And I thought that it was a good crowd of over 4000 as the weather was less than ideal and it was over twice the size of the non-Abby crowds that the Flash had drawn earlier in the season.
- All White Kit and Equalizer Soccer have their recaps of the Flash-Breakers match, as well.
- Candace Chapman and Kandace Wilson are amongst the Flash players that are not rostered for tomorrow's match in Atlanta.
- The Lancers have announced the auditions for the Lancers Dancers and the Little Lancers Dancers.
- Tommy Tanner couldn't get Scotty Schweitzer to move north, so he will be the coach for the Syracuse Silver Knights.
- The Missouri Comets have unveiled their preseason schedule.
- Robbie Aristodemo and Billy Nelson have retired for the Baltimore Blast.
- Milwaukee has signed veteran defender Fabinho.
- I wonder how many MISL teams will be scouting the US Futsal camp next month?
More on WPS vs Dan Borislow
- Devo wants both sides to shut up.
- Fake Sigi had this to say about the future of the WPS before the Dan Suite came to light.
- Fake Sigi had this to say after the Dan Suite came to light.
- Beau Dure has a solid piece up at ESPNW about the battle.
- Jenna Pel at All White Kit had a few things to say on the topic.
- Jeff Kassouf has WPS Players Union's response to the situation.
80 million more Klinsmann & USMNT links:
- The Original Winger has Klinsmann's roster for the Mexico match next Wednesday.
- Steven Goff talks to DC United GK Bill Hamid on his first USMNT call up. Apparently Bill thought Klinsmann was a telemarketer when he called him.
- The Shin Guardian looks at who was named to the roster.
- The USA 10 Kit has a few quick thoughts on the roster.
- US Soccer Daily has an in depth look at the players on the roster.
- MLS Talk talks about the roster.
- Steve Davis talks about the head-turners on the roster.
- The USMNT blog unveils the coaching staff that Klinsmann has brought in that includes Tom Dooley and Tab Ramos amongst others.
- MLS Soccer.com has a poll on who should have been on the roster.
- MLS Soccer.com looks at how Klinsmann affects the US-Mexico rivalry.
- Rafa Marquez thinks that Klinsmann will improve American soccer.
- Brek Shea is excited to be back in the USMNT mix.
- Tim Ream is excited about the Klinsmann hire and he wants revenge against Mexico.
- MLS Soccer.com says that Klinsmann's first roster is a hit with fans. How long will the honeymoon last?
- Soccer America talks about how Klinsmann has attended to the left flank.
- Soccer America also breaks down the coaching staff.
- Goal.com wonders what formation Klinsmann will use.
- Steven Goff talks to Charlie Davies and Klinsmann comes up.
- No Short Corners has something to say on the hire.
- The Shin Guardian has whispers from yesterday.
- The Boston Herald talks to Benny Feilhaber about the Klinsmann hire.
- Steve Davis looks back at Monday's press conference.
- The USA 10 Kit says that Klinsmann should be measured by the results on the field.
- Steven Goff has a lot of Klinsmann and USMNT notes.
- Nutmeg Radio looks at Klinsmann's first day on the job.
- Ann Killion at SI.com thinks that Klinsmann needs to overhaul youth development in the US. Good luck....
- Alexi Lalas writes about the Klinsmann hire at The Mirror.
News & Notes:
- The USWNT will play Canada in KC and Portland later in the year.
- Former Rhino Mike Ambersley is having a big season in Tampa Bay.
- Mexico has unveiled their roster for Wednesday.
- I love this diving t-shirt from Umbro.
- The Goalkeeper has more on the Philadelphia Independence planning at hosting their playoff game at PPL Park, the home of the Union.
- I love this video from the Portland Timbers with owner Merritt Paulson signing bumper stickers for STHs and teasing a big signing.
- US Soccer Daily looks at the CONCACAF WWC Qualifying draw for Brazil 2014.
- The Free Beer Movement has this great Teal Bunbury bobblehead goal demo video.
- The Original Winger takes a look at Troy's World.
- UFC middleweight champion is now sponsored by his favorite soccer club Corinthians.
- Seattle and FC Dallas have advanced in CCL play.
- Charlie Davies goes back to thank the staff at Washington Hospital Center.
- Chivas' Marco Fabian scored a golazo versus Barca this week.
- MLS Talk still thinks South Florida might make for a good MLS market.
- Portland ended LA's 14 game unbeaten streak.
- MLS Soccer.com has an article of why Bob Bradley belongs back with the Chicago Fire.
- Houston has added Honduran international F Carlo Costly.
- Third Kit and MLS Soccer.com have the story of how Muse bassist Chris Wolstenholme trained with the Chicago Fire.
- Chris Henderson at All White Kit has a pre-college season WPS draft board. Good stuff.
- Jenna Pel at All White Kit has a good interview with Heather O'Reilly.
- Jeff Kassouf at Equalizer Soccer talks to Boston's Kelley O'Hara about her post-World Cup view on life.
- Brian Phillips at Grantland looks at the US-Mexio border rivalry.
- Michael Bradley's club situation is unsettled right now.
- The Montreal Impact will unveil their MLS crest tomorrow.
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.