November 19, 2012
Doug Miller had an amazing four goal, nine point performance that earned him MISL Player of the Week honors. Mauricio Salles had a six point game, as well.
Then the unbeaten Baltimore Blast came to town on Wall of Fame induction night and the Lancers were in the game most of the night, but eventually fell 17-11. The game was closer than the scoreline would indicate due to a fluky 3-point goal in the last minute when Baltimore's Pat Healey blocked a shot in the last minute and it rolled the length of the field and into the unguarded Lancers goal because Jeremy Ortiz was on as the 6th attacker.
The game was tied at the half and the Lancers pulled to within a point with less than five minutes left when Jeremy Ortiz scored a 3-point goal to make it 12-11 Baltimore.
Up next, Chicago returns to Rochester on Wednesday night as the Lancers try to return to .500.
News & Notes:
- Wichita defeated Syracuse in overtime last night.
- The MISL standings look weird with the Lancers tied with Milawukee for third place at 1-2.
- There is a report that the WNY Flash will be one of the 8 teams in the new women's pro league.
- MLS Cup 2012 is a rematch of MLS Cup 2011 with Houston and LA advancing to the final yesterday.
- Juan Agudelo's offseason has started with the Chivas USA forward training with Glasgow Celtic.
- Tom Soehn is out in Vancouver. That means that all three Canadian MLS clubs will start 2013 with a different manager than they had on opening night 2012.
- Noah Davis believes that MLS is doing the right thing here and so do I.
- If you missed Zlatan's goal versus England.....
- Michael Bradley's goal versus Russia was pretty sweet, too.
- The USMNT will play Germany in May.
- Here are some cool videos of when soccer stars take to the streets of NYC.
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.