June 6, 2008
I've had a crazy week and all I really have time to do now is get some quick stuff down before I run out for a crazy weekend!
- Jamar Beasley is unlikely to be in Rochester on Tuesday for the US Open Cup game versus RWB Adria. How do I know? Well, that's what the press person traveling with the US Futsal team said when he was looking into lining Jamar up for tomorrow's edition of Kick This!. So, that's good news for the Rhinos and bad news for the show, I guess.
- Deli is the USL 1st Division Player of the Week and Johnny Menyongar joined him on the TOTW for their dual 1 goal and 1 assist performances versus Portland.
- 3 of the 4 USL 1st Division games so far in June have been scoreless draws .........
Where is Sam's No Ties - Shoot Out shirt?
- The Rhinos have a 3 free beer section and the Kobayashi section with all you can eat hot dogs.
- The USMNT lost to Spain 1-0 on Wednesday. The less said, the better.
- The Red Bulls have lost Jozy Altidore to Villareal , but defeated Chivas USA without him last night thanks to Angel's goal. Altidore expects that Villareal will loan him out to another La Liga club to get his feet wet in Europe, though.
- The newest Michael Bradley to the EPL rumor has Middlesbrough outbidding Everton and Newcastle.
- Mexico has a new national team coach in Sven-Göran Eriksson. Mexico with a head coach that doesn't speak Spanish. BRILLIANT! Plus, Borgetti is already on record as saying it's a mistake.
- If you like Ray Hudson, TIAS.com has a cool interview with the soccer personality.
- For those that are gearing up for Euro 2008 which kicks off tomorrow, Grant Wahl has his initial blog posting up at SI.com.
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to email@example.com. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.