I was having a bad Monday before I found out that my car died.
But, I have a job to do!
On to the news & notes:
- Steven Goff has an update on why the Dema to LA trade has yet to be announced. Dema isback home in the Ukraine and nobody could get a hold of him and it's MLS policy to let players know about a trade before they announce it.
- Atlanta, like Montreal, has dropped out of the running for an MLS expansion team per the AJC.
- Vancouver's bid for MLS 2011 is full speed ahead.......
- The DelCo Times and Philly.com both have pieces up about the stadium deal in Philly getting some good news in the form of a bond act passing. It will be interesting to see if there are any other major hurdles ahead.
- Speaking of Philly MLS 2010, if you want to vote for a new team name, go here.
- It appears that there was a lot of pre-work done before Sacha Klejstan left USMNT camp to go on trial with Celtic. My guess is that he's not back with Chivas USA in 2009.
- ESPN has dumped MLS Thursdays. Not stunning news......
- This may make Bayern Munich want Landon Donovan a little more.
- Portland announced the signing of 6 players, including a couple of former Atlanta Silverbacks.
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to email@example.com. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.