Devo and the Rhinos have some nice stuff up about the opening of Rhinos training camp.
With the first cuts roughly a week and a half away and the uncertainty about MLS roster cut down day, it will be fun to watch Bob Lilley work as he puts the finishing touches on the opening day roster for the 2010 edition of the Rhinos.
News & Notes:
- Former Rhinos forward Hamed Diallo has landed with Real Maryland of USL-2.
- Landon Donovan has asked the LA Galaxy to extend his stay with Everton. Everton is expecting an uphill battle to retain the services of Donovan. And while WV Hooligan says that he won't go so far as to say that Landon should stay in Europe permanently, I will! He has found a team that he fits in well with and allows him to play at a much higher level. Why not get more of that moving forward? I know it wouldn't be ideal for LA or MLS, but I think it would be good for Donovan and the USMNT.
- Grant Wahl had a Q&A with Tim Howard. I like how he thinks Jermaine Jones is a good fit because of his tattoos and his taste in music.
- MLS might have too many Americans?!?!?!?!
- I can't believe I'm saying this, but NY or Toronto should get to host the MLS Cup Final this year.
- Speaking of NY, Red Bull Arena opens is less than a week.
- I know everyone can't wait to hear what the USL and FCNY have to say tomorrow.....
- The Columbus Crew will be missing some key pieces due to suspension when they take on Toluca in CCL play tonight.
- The USWNT has another player for the 2031 World Cup pool.
- As expected, Abby Wambach was included on the USWNT roster for the upcoming friendlies versus Mexico.
- You have to read Chris Economides' comments on Nevio Pizzolitto being #8 in the USL-1 Top 25 of the Decade.
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.