April 14, 2010
There is a lot of soccer stuff going on, but not too much Rhinos stuff as they prepare for Portland :
- It looks like Bill Sedgewick has the team into yoga.
- NASL.com has some more pictures from the Rhinos-Miami FC game.
- Devo takes a look at where former Rhinos are playing in the USSF D2 in 2010.
- Speaking of ex-Rhinos, John Wilson has re-signed with Charleston.
- Joey Worthen has signed with the Austin Aztex.
- Inside Minnesota Soccer has a nice NSC Minnesota notebook up.
- KC & Portland have released stadium renderings this week.
- Houston we have a stadium deal!
- Simon Fuller has left Brand Beckham. You can't see me cracking up as I type that. Brand Beckham? Really?
- MLS Soccer.com has Episode 2 of Behind the SuperDraft up. This is some really good stuff. I know the design and some of the technical glitches of MLS Soccer.com have been beaten to death, but I really like all the new content they have.
- Scott Palguta (90 minutes) and Danny Earls (85 minutes) played a lot in Colorado's 2-1 win over KC in US Open Cup qualifying last night.
- ESPN the Magazine had a really good article on Michael Bradley in the latest issue.
- Luke Rodgers has had his move to the NY Red Bulls stopped by US immigration due to his lengthy rap sheet.
- One down side to natural grass that doesn't get a lot of pub.
- I wonder if this news makes Chris Seitz feel a little better about his blunder vs DC from last weekend?
- Portland is already starting to think about Designated Players.
- Yahoo! talks to Landon Donovan about Everton and a lot of other things.
- Greg Seltzer has a piece up at MLS Soccer.com about US regulars having a bit more to play for.
- This Chicago Fire ad of last weekend's home opener is awesome!
- If you want to save $5 on the cool Free Beer Movement t-shirt (or anything else from Objectivo), here is a coupon code.
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.