I'm feeling really lazy and not creative at all today. So, here goes link-o-rama:
- Abby Wambach (and USMNT defender Frankie Hejduk) were showcased on the latest Studio 90 News from US Soccer.com.
- Sven-Goran Eriksson has named his Mexico roster for next Wednesday's World Cup qualifier against the US. Rafa Marquez did make the roster, although there are some health questions in regards to the Barca defender.
- Could Captain America be headed back to Fulham?
- We do know that he hasn't left yet as he scored a pre-season goal for the Fire over the weekend.
- Greg Lalas has a piece at SI.com saying that Jozy Altidore's loan to Xerez will be good for his development because he'll get more playing time. The best parts were the bet he had with a reader and his calling out another reader because Landon Donovan has played more than 5 minutes in league play for Bayern.
- SBI.net has more than a few posts over the past few days about the David Beckham in Milan situation. It's going to be very interesting to see what happens if Beckham bails. My guess is that it will cause a huge amount of bad press for MLS. But, that might be better than what will happen if they keep him for another season and he opts out......
- Tai Atieno, who played for Puerto Rico last season, is on trial with DC United per Steven Goff.
- Vancouver has added a couple of players including Brazilian gaolkeeper Diego.
- Carolina has signed forward Aaron King, previously of the Charleston Battery.
- Austin has signed three more players. I don't even think they have 11 players officially under contract yet.....
- Cleveland re-signed a guy that Sam would love in Anthony Stovall. Why would Sam love him? Well, the article says that he was a fan favorite in part because of his crazy and ever changing hair styles!
- Former Whitecap Lyle Martin is currently trying out with a club in China.
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them